At present, CeLCAR's major activity is developing Language Teaching Materials.
CeLCAR has already developed textbooks for Introductory Pashto, Tajiki, Uzbek, and Uyghur. We are in the process of developing introductory materials for Kazakh, Kurmanji Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Mongolian, Turkmen, and Turkish and introductory heritage materials for Dari and Pashto. When drafts are ready, they will be available here.
Other materials being developed include:
- Student textbooks and workbooks
- CD-ROM based instructional materials
- Web-based reading and listening modules
- Supplementary teaching and learning materials (e.g. smart phone applications)
- Web-based proficiency tests
The language materials produced at CeLCAR provide easy access to hard-to-find language and culture materials in these less commonly tought languages, and they incorporate authentic language materials, such as newspapers, videos, and interviews with native speakers, most of which have been collected or recorded in the Central Asia region.