Goals and Objectives 2018-2022
In the 2018-2022 grant period, CeLCAR is committed to meeting the following goals and objectives:
- Research and disseminate empirically based methods for teaching and learning foreign languages more effectively and integrating technology with pedagogical research.
- Develop and disseminate new materials for teaching foreign languages, using peer-reviewed academic presses in doing so, and reflecting the results of recently published research, including our own research on effective teaching strategies.
- Develop, apply, and disseminate performance testing to be used as a standard and comparable measurement of skill levels in foreign languages.
- Train and certify teachers in the use of CeLCAR print and online materials, particularly in areas of urgent national need, as well as in the use of effective language teaching strategies.
- Serve the nation through creating “language readiness” by supplying accurate and accessible information and instructional materials on the less commonly taught languages (LCTLs) of the CA region from the level of inquirer to advanced learner.
- Develop and disseminate new language and culture materials for training K-12 teachers and mobile learning apps for K-12 aged language learners.
- Operate professional development seminars and assist CEUS and IAUNRC in operating and improving IU’s intensive national summer program (Summer Language Workshop) with a focus on CA languages, as well as providing workshops as part of ConCALL.